Public Relations Associate
Stones River Group, a public affairs consulting firm located in Nashville, TN, is seeking a public relations associate to join our growing team.
Responsibilities will include drafting high-quality written content, including press releases, talking points, reports, op-eds and memos; developing and executing coordinated media engagement strategies in collaboration with client managers; supporting digital engagement projects; assisting with social media management and content development; completing short- and long-term research assignments; assisting with event planning and production; and providing some administrative office support.
Core Behaviors and Abilities:
- Strong writing and editing skills. Able to produce quality content quickly and accurately.
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask, strong planning and effective time-management skills.
- Accountability - sets and meets challenging objectives before being asked to; follows through on all commitments, meeting or exceeding expected results.
- Responsive to clients and colleagues; closes the loop in a timely manner.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent relationship-building skills and experience collaborating with a team.
- Interest in politics and policy; awareness of current events, both locally and nationally.
- Proactive "out-of-the-box" thinker and aggressive problem solver.
- Works efficiently, independently and calmly under pressure.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelors’ degree and 1-2 years’ experience in public relations and/or related fields, such as marketing or communications. Experience with digital analytics, content management systems and graphic design programs preferred; knowledge of government affairs and public policy a plus.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample to email@example.com. Please note “Public Relations Associate” in the subject line of the email. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration, which will include an interview and writing test. Candidate screening will begin May 1.
Stones River Group is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified candidates regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, national origin or age.